cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
warren1973
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Broadband speed slow

Recently came back to BT broadband,my download speed was as fast as expected around 30mb down 5mb up.Well aware of these speeds as distance from cabinet is around 1km.I do use a tp-link router,it never misses a beat had it when with BT before.But the last few days my download speeds have dropped to around 15 to 17mb.I not sure if there is a problem with the line or they are throttling my speed back.Hope someone from BT sees this.   

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Broadband speed slow

Can you post connection stats from your tplink

check for line noise   dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone

are you using wireless or ethernet when downloading?

enter phone number and post results  remember delete number  https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

BT are not throttling your connection so there is a problem somewhere

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
warren1973
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Broadband speed slow

Thanks for the help,tried the line noise,there was a low static noise,but nothing remarkable.But that could be because its a cordless phone.Rebooted router and checked all connections all fine. BT are reporting no issues in my area,so a bit of a strange one.
0 Ratings