Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 18

Re: Broadband speed

@Sean-Fareham wrote:

Hi

where do I find the connection stats.

Please can you post the connection information from your home hub.

If you are using the BT Smart hub you can get your connection stats by, Opening a new web browser on your connected device and type 192.168.1.254 or bthomehub.home into the address bar. This will open the Hub Manager.  Click Advanced Settings’ and then ‘Technical log’

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 18

Hi 

Do not Use a BT hub.  I was connected by an Apple Extreme and the BT modem.  In the the last day I replaced the Apple Extreme with an Orbi and a Vigor 130.  The broadband speed around the house is rock solid. I am just frustrated that my broadband speed is decrease over time when surely I should be expecting a better service.   I live in a town not the countryside.  What even worst, there seems to be no likelihood of a better service any time soon.   BT customers pay enough for the service. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 18

Another Frustration

only a few years back the guaranteed speed was 28. Now BT have downgraded it to less than 25!   Come on BT. I have been a loyal customer for over 40 years.   I want my own cabinet please!

thank you 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 18

@Sean-Fareham wrote:

Another Frustration

only a few years back the guaranteed speed was 28. Now BT have downgraded it to less than 25!   Come on BT. I have been a loyal customer for over 40 years.   I want my own cabinet please!

thank you 

Its Openreach not BT Retail that provide the external network, so why not ask them if they are planning to rollout FTTP in your area.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 18

@Sean-Fareham wrote:

Why is BT broadband service in reverse these days?  I pay for 55 mbps.  I actual receive 26.4.  I use to obtain 32 mbps five years ago.  I have renewed all my equipment and still have a Lousy 26.4.  I live in a large Town not the countryside.  No hope of really fast broadband.  Why?   I have raised a complaint but there seems little interest from BT.   

It actually showed 28.23Mbs on 30/12/2019

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 18

Can you post your connection stats from your vigor 130

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 18 of 18

Openreach recently installed another cabinet near where I live due to running out of capacity.  We now have three cabinets.  Residents weren't even aware there was an issue as speeds had not decreased.  

Openreach were obviously being proactive.  Nice to write about a positive story for a change. 

0 Ratings