cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kinnabraw
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Broadband speed

Hello I renewed  my contract with BT Broadband and was told if I upgrade Id get 70 mb download with a minimum download speed of 57 mb. So I sighned up for that nice speed Guaranteed. Any hoo to cut a long story short I now get 12 mb download speed and 18 mb uplode speed and thats because Bts engineer fixed it now I have a really bad phone line and cant use the phoneline . I phoned the bt custopmer service guaranteed not in India any more to a middle eatern voice . How do I get my broadband speed and phoneline repaired when they dont want to fix it . The engineer if he even tried to fix hasnt done it Bt has lied to me I feel cheeted. Is thier a number I can call

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Broadband speed

enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number but leave exchange and cab  https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

post stats from router  if hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information

if you have noise on your phone line then you need to report phone fault not broadband to 151

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Good morning @kinnabraw  and welcome back.

I'm really sorry the engineer visit has left more problems than you started with. @imjolly  is spot on here. If there's noise on the line then that needs to be sorted before the broadband side of things. Is the speed drop on a wireless or wired connection? Have you tried connecting a corded handset to the test socket behind the master faceplate? That will eliminate any possible internal wiring issues so if there is still noise in the test socket the fault is on the network side. Can you try that and let me know how it goes?

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
kinnabraw
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Yes I did that  the original speed was 32 mb download so I phoned and asked Bt why my speed was so low as I was promised by the lying salesman that it would be a guaranteed min of 57 or 59  I was told it was a bt line problem and they would send an engineer to the green box to fix it he reported to bt his boss that the problem was fixed which was a lie he had made it worse it was now down to 12 upload and 18 upload . Now the repair was botched I have 12 mb download and BT believing thier engineer believes its fixed and do nothing more . I will do what you sugested and thanks very much for the advice and help. I just dont get why I have to now pay more for less . I am really upset about this. Sorry if I ofend any one but no apologies to Bt conmen or lyer staff

0 Ratings
kinnabraw
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

OOPS phone prooblem is fixed guys but broad band is till at 12 download.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Thanks for the update @kinnabraw . Was it an engineer visit that fixed the line issue?

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

Could you post the connection stats from the hub.

HH6 Advanced settings/technical log/information.

HH5 Troubleshooting/helpdesk.

Also enter phone number HERE and post result. Remove number before posting.

0 Ratings