cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wendyhoyle
Beginner
Message 1 of 17

Broadband speed

Can anybody tell me what you have to do to get a manager from the value team to contact you ?

I have had a problem with my broadband speed since signing up to BT (January 29th 2020) my upload speed is a pathetic 0.4 Mbps. we have had several engineers out to try sort the problem out.  No better , Why promise a speed guarantee if you do not stick to it ?

I rang on Saturday 29th Feb and was promised that a manager would contact me within 72 hours. it is now the 10th March and despite contacting BT 4 times to discuss this I keep getting told you have a call booked for tomorrow or this afternoon or tonight, fobbed off time and time again and still no call back.

Disgusting customer service !!! 

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 17

Re: Broadband speed

@wendyhoyle 

Welcome to this user forum. I assume you are on just basic broadband?

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

0 Ratings
wendyhoyle
Beginner
Message 3 of 17

I have put my number in and it returned a form I do not understand any of it or how to forward it to you. My package is superfast broadband stay fast Guarantee is 5Mb
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 17

@wendyhoyle wrote:
I have put my number in and it returned a form I do not understand any of it or how to forward it to you. My package is superfast broadband stay fast Guarantee is 5Mb

You can either copy and past it into a post, or upload a screenshot of the results using the camera symbol on the editor toolbar. Remember to edit out your phone number.

Capture.JPG

That speed seems too slow for superfast broadband, so something is wrong.

0 Ratings
wendyhoyle
Beginner
Message 5 of 17

I know its rubbish ! It is FTTC and we live a long way from the cabinet. I was with Sky I thought that was rubbish speeds but it was better than what we have now !
I'm sorry I have no idea how to do the above mentioned,
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 17

post hub stats  if hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information  

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
RobbieBaron
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 17

Please post your full router stats. We should be able to tell that way.

0 Ratings
wendyhoyle
Beginner
Message 8 of 17

I know you are trying to help but I do not know the first thing about computers so I do not know how to do that, sorry
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 17

As you have not receive a reply from the value team,

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Meanwhile you may find this page of help.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Archive-Staging/Broadband-Top-Tips-to-get-help-on-the-forum/m-p/1481812#...

0 Ratings
wendyhoyle
Beginner
Message 10 of 17

Thank you.
0 Ratings