cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Broadband speed

Would be grateful for any help that can be provide on following:-

Been by customer for some years always has issue with BT TV mainly sport channels due to distance from main broadband line entering property and room where by box situated.  Many on line chats and 6 sets of by extenders later and an upgrade to halo 1 I was still getting issues of blocky tv or total signal loss.  I’ve now paid for a telephone socket to be put into room housing by TV set moved router and plugged straight into by tv box.  This has resolved by tv issue however I’ve found that my broadband speeds now nowhere near the upload or download guaranteed by bt halo, 8 mb off download and circa 1 off upload.  I’m afraid If i contact bt I’ll just be told to move the router back to main port, does anyone have any recommendations/ help?

thAnks in advance 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Broadband speed

If you moved back to master socket and speed returns then it is an internal problem and if you get opreach then as internal you will get charged call out of £85

you need to look at the internal wiring and connections of the new socket you had installed 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Broadband speed

Many thanks I’ll move router back to main broadband band socket and review soeeds

0 Ratings