cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J_graham
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Broadband speeds

My BT contract had now ended and I am wondering what package to sign up for next.     My current package is Superfast fibre unlimited but I am only getting download speeds of 11mbps, which doesn’t seem “superfast” to me.  Should I be able to get better speeds on this package or should I be looking for a different package?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Broadband speeds

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

This will show what speeds your line is estimated to get and will allow for a more informed answer to be given. 

0 Ratings
J_graham
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

IMG_1767.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Can you post hub stats. If hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information 

if hh5 then troubleshooting then helpdesk 

from dslchecker you cannot get speeds faster than the new BT Essential package   You can phone 0800800030 options team and see what they offer fir essential and superfast 1 and then decide

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
J_graham
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

D249B08B-6890-496E-9C3B-E23A471CCA14.png

0 Ratings
J_graham
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Have you been able to learn any more from the hub stats I posted?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

your connection time was only 14hrs was that due to router dropping connection or manual reset?  your noise margin is high as normal about 6db so are you having connection problems?  check line noise  dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone from test socket

have you tried using the test socket with a filter to see if that improves connection/attainable speed?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings