cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Broadband upgrade website issue?

Bit of a weird one.

We currently have Fibre 2, with regular download speed of around 65-70Mbps. Logged into myBT and it says our current speed are up to 73Mbps download.

As we are out of contract I wanted to see what offers I could get. Selected 'upgrade' on the website and this is where it all went a bit weird. The upgrade page stated out current package was 15-16Mb download, and the new package would be 15-16Mb download.

Did both independent and BT speed checks this morning, and both reported 65Mbps download.

Any suggestions?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Broadband upgrade website issue?

if you are on fibre2 then only upgrade would be to G.Fast or FTTP if either was available to you

enter your phone number and post results  see what is available to you   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

if you decide to renew contract then you will get as fast as your line can handle which would same as you currently have

to negotiate a new deal try options team 0800800130

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

The upgrade was to go from halo 1 to halo 3 and save a few pounds a month, but with the website showing the slower speeds (also quoted the same slow speeds when BT called to see if wanted to change package) I am loathed to change anything in case I do indeed end up with the slower speeds.

The wholesale link also shows some odd results. Shows the 80Mb available speed which would tie in with the results I see from speed test etc, but shows last observed download speed as just under 18Mb? Also states FTTP on demand as available, but states that FTTP is not available?

ixdes_0-1629795823434.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

FTTPoD is basically an expensive business product and not for residential so FTTP is not available to you.

your connection speed is terrible compared to the dslchecker estimate

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

are you using master socket for your connection?  if so which master do you have

Keith_Beddoe_0-1577035081757.jpegMaster socket types.jpeg

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Hi,

thing is our actual results from speed test regularly show 65-70Mbps not 18:

speedtest.net:

ixdes_0-1629796547111.png

bt speed test:

ixdes_1-1629796616771.png

and info from router:

ixdes_1-1629796776004.png

which is why I find the wholesale results a bit odd.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

that's not the stats sorry but you need to go advanced settings then technical log information and post that information (not the logs)

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

ixdes_0-1629797455699.png

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

you obviously must have had a bad time back in June which is the speeds shown on dslchecker but you now have good speeds 74/20mb and should be the same if you decide to renew regardless what BT say

0 Ratings