Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chucky_uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Broadband upgrade

Hi,

I’ve recently had a very frustrating time with BT trying to get my ADSL updated to Fibre broadband. I’ve had 3 orders cancelled due to account issues which required a back office team to resolve my account issues.

I revived a text message on Saturday 8th September informing me my upgrade will activate today the 12th September. When I log into my account it says on the order that they are still saying that bt are still waiting for confirmation of the date, but if I put my phone number into dslchecker it says there is an open order on my line which is due to complete on the 12th September.

Should I be worried that it won’t activate today as my account says something different? Also what time does the activation normally happen?

Thanks in advance
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Broadband upgrade

activation can be anytime up until midnight  just need to wait and see

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
chucky_uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Hi - Thanks for the response but that doesn't really give me any confidence in all honesty. The activation date has passed 3 times already and i've not been upgraded after waiting till midnight.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Hi @chucky_uk,

I'm sorry your activation has been delayed. As we haven't met the activation on 3 occasions, I'd like to take a look at your order to make sure it progressing correctly.

Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

chucky_uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Hi Paddy - Thanks for coming back to me. I've sent you the detail as per your request.

Many thanks for looking into this.

0 Ratings
chucky_uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Update,

My homehub 6 is now flashing purple and has been for the last hour. I’ve logged into the hub and now it’s saying I have BT Inifinty.

How long does it flash purple for? Does this indicate I’m now waiting for it to be activated?

0 Ratings
chucky_uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

New it was too good to be true!!

So I get home today from work and have no internet. Homehub has solid orange light and have a line fault which requires Openreach to fix.

I can’t believe the issues I’ve had with BT, first all the cancelled upgrades to fibre and now a line fault a week after finally being upgraded

What’s the normal turnaround time for getting this fixed? How long am i going to be without internet for?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

Just depends on your area and how busy openreach engineers are. Normally you will get a date when you report failt

i would go back to mod who is helping you for further assistance

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
chucky_uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Thanks I’ve messaged Paddy for some help.

I got an email later saying it’s going to be 4 days, really not happy about that.

My phone line works fine just no internet
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Bluecoopy79
Message 10 of 11

Thats funny cos i have exactly same issue after upgrading only to be told by at least 5 different people in india telling me different stories
0 Ratings