cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Broadband was meant to be activated yesterday

Go to solution

Hi,

I was meant to get BT landline and broadband activated yesterday (Fri 6th Nov) before 23:30 but it hasn’t been.

I’ve tried ringing BT on the 0800 number in the email but can’t get through. Been on hold for 55 minutes and gave up. Tried again and gave up after 20 minutes.

They also haven’t sent me my account number so can’t use My BT app. It links to my old account.

How can I get in touch with BT? And how can I get my account number so can set up WiFi disc?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Broadband was meant to be activated yesterday

Go to solution

@jon_104 

Welcome to this user forum.

Is your phone line working, can you get dial tone?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi, yes line is connected and so is my old router with my last ISP so they haven’t disconnected yet

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@jon_104 wrote:

Hi, yes line is connected and so is my old router with my last ISP so they haven’t disconnected yet

What do you get if you dial 150?

I assume you have plugged in the BT Home hub, what lights are showing on it?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

No I’ve not plugged any of it in as not had the email / text to say connected. If it was connected my old ISP wouldn’t work, unless they’ve messed it up.

If I dial 150 I get number not recognised. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@jon_104 wrote:

No I’ve not plugged any of it in as not had the email / text to say connected. If it was connected my old ISP wouldn’t work, unless they’ve messed it up.

If I dial 150 I get number not recognised. 

The home hub would probably still connect, but you may not get any Internet connection.

If 150 is not recognised, then you are possible connected to a stopped line at the moment.

If you dial 17070, does it read back the number that BT have said would be your number?

Which provider did you move from?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Got through to BT after another 30+ min hold. 

They said there was a problem with the switch at their side padding it to open reach. So they have filled out a manual form and said it should be picked up in 2 working days but can’t give me a date for the switch.

Guess can mark this resolved and only resolution is to persist on hold.

0 Ratings