cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jason-steptoe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Broadband

Hi, I’ve had some electrical work carried out in my house over the last few days, they have been turning the electric on and off many times but now my internet speed has dropped from 62meg to 10. How long does it take to reset or do but have to reset my line? There is no problem with the actual phone line.

many thanks

jason

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Broadband

Welcome to this user forum.

It should eventually recover, provided you do not disconnect or restart the home hub. It may take a couple of weeks.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

as @Keith_Beddoe says just maintaina stable connection and connection should recover but I think nearer couple of months rather than weeks to get speed fully back

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 9

@imjolly, agreed.

That's some very harsh banding. It's always a good idea to turn off the Hub whilst any electrical work like that is carried out. It may be better to try and get a DLM reset, but that could be difficult.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

Provided you keep a stable connection you should see your speed rising again (allbeit slowly) within 2 weeks.

I would suggest you post your hub connection stats sometime today so and  again in 2 weeks for comparison if need be.

HH6 Advanced settings/technical log.

HH5 Troubleshooting/helpdesk.

As @imjolly says it could be month before full speed is returned but in situations like yours it is normally quicker.

Come back in 2 weeks if you haven't seen an improvement.

0 Ratings
Jason-steptoe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Thanks,
I have been using a ASU’s dsl-ac88u for over18 months as the home hub could not cope with a lot of WiFi connections. It started as a good modem router but with lack of firmware updates to cure issues and still some way to go. I found it ok not like some powerful users. That amount of time is not very fair if the line stays stable for a few days?
0 Ratings
Jason-steptoe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Hi, I’m using a ASUS dsl-ac88u and so far since last restart it has only has 2100 FEC errors but no crc or Es errors. I suppose I will have to wait and see or contact bt for an engineers visit to do a full reset?
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

FEC errors are normal, at least there are no CRC errors or errored seconds.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

Wait and see, no restarts.

0 Ratings