cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Broadband

I live in a rural part of Kent and our Broadband is rubbish ( 1 to 1.7meg)

In the past week, two neighbours ( one next door) have had a call from BT, saying they will get a new router as they are moving to Fibre Broadband very shortly. How can this be? We do not have Fibre. The nearest fibre is to a box about a mile away as the crow flies. I have tried speaking to BT but there is an endless queue at the moment. Can anyone make sense of this please? I live near a village called Marden, south of Maidstone, with a TN postcode.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Broadband

Put your phone number in the checker and post a screenshot of the result, edit out your phone number before posting the screenshot.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install Process
FTTP on Demand 330 30 -- Available --
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) ADSL Availability Date WBC SOADSL Availability Date Left in Jumper
WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 1.5 -- 1 to 3.5 Available Available --
WBC ADSL2+ Annex M Up to 1.5 Up to 0.5 1 to 3.5 Available Available --
ADSL Max Up to 1.5 -- 0.5 to 2.5 Available Available --
WBC Fixed Rate 0.5 -- -- Available Available --
Fixed Rate 0.5 -- -- Available -- --
Observed Speeds ADSL
Max Observed Downstream Speed 1.98
Max Observed Upstream Speed 0.45
Observed Date 2019-09-29
Other Offerings Availability Date
ADSL Multicast Available
Premise Environment Status
Bridge Tap U
VRI N
NTE FacePlate N
Last Test Date 04-06-2020
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Can you try the checker with their number and see if it is any different. Your number doesn't show fibre as available.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

You need to edit your number out mate. 😉

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
Message 6 of 9

Well spotted, didn't notice that. Did say to edit it when I asked for the info.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Just checked for you (without you're number) showing.

marden.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

This is strange. I know that fibre is no nearer than about a mile. The person who called my neighbours was negotiating a new contract with them and was definitely BT. One of the neighbours has already received the latest BT Router, as promised. The message ( I have double checked) is that as of any day now, Broadband will no longer be accessed through the copper ines and will come straight from the BT box about a mile away. Does anyone from BT take part in these forums? How can I sort out what the hell is going on?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Openreach have started switching people over to FTTC in readyness for shutting down ADSL in 2025 along with copper phone lines.

The sooner they can get people switched the sooner they can shut it down

0 Ratings