cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Broadband

Go to solution

Hiya,

We've currently moved into a new build. We're trying to find deals for broadband but it seems like the street is locked to BT. Is there a way of finding out how long BT have the monopoly on our street?

Cheers

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Broadband

Go to solution

BT don't have a monopoly anywhere. If your house has full fibre to the premises, many ISPs choose not to supply service.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks for the response!

Is there a reason ISPs wouldn't service the line?

Cheers! 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

@akm1wrote:

Hiya,

We've currently moved into a new build. We're trying to find deals for broadband but it seems like the street is locked to BT. Is there a way of finding out how long BT have the monopoly on our street?

Wot? BT a monopoly? Never! More likely the other ISPs either haven't got round to offering connections or they are not interested.

Is you exchange on Local Loop Unbundling (LLU) is the process of opening up a telephone exchange so that it can be used by a number of different broadband providers. These broadband providers are then able to use connections from the telephone exchange through to the customer's homes to deliver home broadband.

Locate your exchange here:

https://availability.samknows.com/broadband/llu/exchanges

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

@akm1 wrote:

Thanks for the response!

Is there a reason ISPs wouldn't service the line?

Cheers! 

You would need to ask them that.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

This is a year old now so it may or may not still apply.

I've just copied and pasted it so please don't shoot the messenger if it no longer applies.

......... The most likely reason for only being able to be provided with BT is that the cables presence is not been updated so service providers cannot see there is a physical cable there. This usually doesn’t take long but can be a short term issue on odd occasion. Unfortunately until this has been resolved you will have to stick with BT. Also as it’s a new build estate if a new PCP (green cabinet) has been installed it will most likely be equipped with GFast technology which can provide up to 330mbps providing your cable length back to the cabinet is under 300m

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/threads/openreach-fttp-stuck-with-bt.35624/

Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

@Anonymous  Can we shoot the messenger for posting absolute rubbish which has never existed not even a year ago.

The availability of Openreach products is made available to ALL ISP's at the same time. It always has been.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

@pippincp   Sorry but No.

Like I said, I just copied someone elses post and I gave a reference for where I got it from. I never vouched for it.

Edited: Sorry, I referred to the wrong person

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

@Anonymous wrote:

@licquorice  Sorry but No.

???

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 12