Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steve58
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

Broadband

Go to solution

11 ld2 3rr cabinet 8 Open reach say there is no reson why we cannot get fibre at our premise we have been on the waiting list for 3 years and think that is long enough. The other cabinet is just 20 metres away from cab 8.

Our Openreach advisors have confirmed that you should be able to order fibre broadband. The response they have sent is as follows.
"I cannot see any reason why the customer cannot order. They will need to go back to their ISP and raise the question as infrastructure is built to serve the premise." 

I hope this clarifies your position on being able to connect to fibre broadband.
Kind Regards

Nicole  

Llywodraeth Cymru / Welsh Government

We are with the Post office at the moment but would use a BT LINE

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Broadband

Go to solution

As the Post Office is your ISP you would have to raise the issue with them. Using an Openreach line is immaterial.

Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @steve58,

Have you tried placing an order to move to us online or over the phone?

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
steve58
Beginner
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Its to Late I ve signed up to the post office who say they cant provide. I was so frustarted I tried EE to and got so far then they said BT didnt have a line as the post office was almost have the price for the same service including the poor internet i moved. And the BT chat confirmed that there seemed no suitable solution so stuck on the 18 month contract so  so annyoying a s expressed an interest when we first took out BT and we have never been told its available always the opposite. here is the chat in July 2018

Well well it say i can but in July this was the chat i had with BT despite open reach saying we could. Because of that I changed suppliers as it was almost half price for the same package if i had known or been told it was going to be available i would have stayed so now I am locked in to a 18 moth contract with the Post office who are not a supplier. I tried EE first and they to said not available but now they can grrrrrrrrrr.

BT Chat I have just had in July

Thanks for your patience. I can see that according to us there's no Fibre available in your premises. However, as per the OpenReach you can get fibre, it's unavailable from us because either there's no line laid in your area which can support fibre or the cabinet is full , which is restriction us to provide fibre to you.
As you have stated that you're leaving us , I have 3 resolution for you :
1 - I can get you registered for Fibre so that once it's available you can get notified via mail.
2 - You can check with the data and compare it will other service provider.
3 - You can have a word with our Customers Option Team who can help you.Animesh - 15:03
As I said we have waited some 3 years+ for a cabinet to be upgraded which me and many other people on our residential park think is very poor. We are all retired semi retired and having contact with family via Skype which is important when we have grand children etc  especially is near on impossible.
Registered 3 years ago and no contact.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Out if curiosity enter your address and post results. Delete address. This will show what is available

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

The OP seems to think 'BT' and 'Openreach' are one and the same thing , but they are not.
'BT' have no more or less influence as to where OR deploy resources than the PO or EE or anyone else, so if the OP wants to complain about OR, there is no more point doing it here than on a PO or EE customer forum, and as the OP isn't even a BT customer it's odd that they chose to post here on a BT customer forum.
If OR fibre is available then provided the ISP the OP wants to use 'resells' that OR product , then they should be able to order, but, is fibre available ?, and does the provider the OP wants to use , resell it ?..the OP hasn't provided any address information regarding where they live, to verify if what they have been told is true.

It's possible that the OP can get FTTP ( AFAIK lots of it in Wales) , but is trying to use a service provider that chooses not to offer OR FTTP....perhaps the OP can provide the information from the DSL checker as already requested.

0 Ratings
steve58
Beginner
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

I tried but wouldnt let me copy answer to paste but basical said that the line isnt a BT line or Iam a new customer. Again odd because I have been a BT custmer so must have used their line as the previuos owner of the property was BT too from new.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

you are not a BT customer as your ISP is the post office  what you call your 'BT phone' is nothing to do with BT but is a phoner line you rent from the Post Office and is supplied to them by openreach

this had nothing to do with BT Retail who is out ISP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
steve58
Beginner
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

I am sorry if I seem naive and not a BT customer but not being up on tech i thought all lines were BT owned irrelivent on which service provider i use.I had about 8 choices of providers they cant all own the line.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Its Openreach who own the lines.

See https://www.homeandbusiness.openreach.co.uk/

This is a BT Retail forum nad has nothing to do with Openreach.

Try posting on your own ISPs  user forum, somone there may be able to explain what they can offer.