Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Broadband

thankyou.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

@pippincp 

Don't know it this is of any interest to you.

Screenshots showing my neighbours DSL report and router info page which clearly shows that he is being served by the same cabinet as me and his router page is showing that he is exceeding the max download speed:-

2020-06-11 (2).png2020-06-11 (3).png

And mine for comparison:-

2020-06-11 (5).png2020-06-11 (4).png

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

The only thing I can think of is possibly a section of aluminium cable. Has me stumped though.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

Thanks again for your reply.

Thought you might be curious and maybe could use it for future reference if needed.

Do you think its worth re-posting to see if any of the other gurus could shine any light on it?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

Your stats show an attenuation of 34db but your post says you think you are only 0.7miles from street cabinet. That is far shorter than attenuation suggests

original.png

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

@imjolly 

Hello and thanks for replying.

Yes, I'm definitely 0.7 miles(1.1 km) from the cabinet and I'm 2.7 miles(4.3 km) from the front door of the exchange. I double checked this today using 2 different car mileometers (if that the right word?). It's a straight road from my door to the cabinet.

The speeds my next door neighbour is enjoying is consistent with your graph.

Does my attenuation rate suggest resistance on the line between my master socket and the cabinet?

0 Ratings