cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Browsing really slow with fibre

Browsing is really slow on both computers using all browsers. Occasionally it works fine but there doesn't appear to be any reason why it is intermittent.   I have fibre and the speed doesn't seem to be an issue although the BT Speed Test doesn't appear to work.

I have tried resetting my hub and that occasionally works for a while.

Having done some research it sounds like I have DNS issues possibly caused by the interaction between my Smart Hub and Windows 10 but I have no idea how to resolve that!!

Does anyone have any ideas for a complete non techy?

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Browsing really slow with fibre

have you tried going to MYBT and turning off web protect?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the quick response Imjolly. 

I finally found it on MyBTand turned it off.  I had no idea that it was on.  Looks like I will need to wait a couple of hours and then see if it makes a difference.  Although I'm not holding my breath as this problem has only occurred in the last few weeks and I haven't turned it on in that time.

I think this started happening when we got the latest Windows 10 downloads, even though we have different versions of Windows 10 on each of the two computers.

I will report back.

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi Imjolly.  Quick update.  All good so far after switching off web protect.  Both computers back up to speed right away and have stayed that way.

Fingers crossed. Hope this response doesn't constitute commentators curse!!

0 Ratings