cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Bt Fibre 2 upgrade option - no longer available on my line

Im looking into fibre 2 upgrade, I had this in the past up to may of this year. I'm currently on fibre 1, BT can not offer this to me, other ISP's can.  The line was replaced in MAY outside on the pole due to weather damage, the Openreach  engineer reset my line in the green cabinet after the line was repaired. The option has not been there since this incident.

August 2017 - March 21 - 72 Download / 20 Upload. - Fibre

May 21 - 55 down / 10 upload  fibre 1.

Changed to fibre 1 to save money not realising I miss the extra speeds.

Does my line need a profile reset, dsl checker says I can handle uptown 77 down/ 20 upload along with the address checker.  

Any help would be amazing.

I was looking to purchase bt fibre 2 as it’s the faster fibre package available but when I search for available packages via my postcode it only makes fibre essential and fibre 1 available. Will my area not be compatible? Or will the fibre slots be fully taken? I don’t think fibre 1 and 2 use different hardware so I’d assume the second reason or another but I could be well off so any help would be appreciated cheers. 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Bt Fibre 2 upgrade option - no longer available on my line

please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

there are no 'fibre 2 slots'  if your line supports fibre 2 then you should be able to upgrade

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Thank you for the quick reply - I do not use the BT Hub due to its lack of poor wifi and security.

I have a Ubiquiti USG & access points. I've included there results of the wholesale checker below.

bt.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Additionally I use an Openreach white modem for my dsl connection to the usg, this uses PPPOE. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

The checker shows your estimated speed range is 77/57mb so you could be at bottom end or anywhere in-between.  It would have helped with hub stats as that would show line potential with an attainable speed.

To upgrade to fibre 2 just phone options team 0800800030 and see what you can negotiate

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Can you post the stats from the modem, or haven't you unlocked it?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

I could be wrong, but isn't that checker results using address rather than by phone number? Normally checking by number shows the max achieved speed. If this is the case then difficult to answer what the problem might be without full line stats and full checker results.

0 Ratings