cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Bt Halo 1 fibre 250 - What is actully changed/added in your house?

Go to solution

Hi All,

Hopefully a easy one, I did look at some faqs, but,  does not answer the question i have (I think)!

1.  What is actually changed in your house by the engineer.  Something about a ont added.

2. Does the current bt wall socket box change or its not used anymore?

3. I currently use a btopenreach white box, with a cable going into a asus rtac68u, which provides my internet.

4. I dont have a hub or its in the loft, I have no clue, how old it is, I need to find it first.

5. if the hub is old, do i need to get a new one now or does the engineer bring a new hub

6. Location - I am guessing the engineer will recommend a place to put the new box, if there is a new box fitted.

Apologies if I have repeated myself, the chap in the call center could not answer some of the questions during the upgrade , apart from the engineer is booked for 2 week turnaround.

Any help or picture of the new equipment

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Bt Halo 1 fibre 250 - What is actully changed/added in your house?

Go to solution

Are you getting FTTP or G.Fast?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

bt.JPG

Hi there

I have no clue, that's why, I am checking to see, what is actually going to happen with the engineer.

Its the speed service in the picure is what I have signed up for, but no clue about anything else.

I asked a couple of questions in a few forums I follow and was directed to the BT forums for help.

Don't even know what g.fast is, was hoping someone can help or link pages or videos on what the new setup looks like and what equipment is needed.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Both FTTP and G.Fast are the technologies used to deliver the 250Mb service. To find out which, enter your phone number HERE and post the result. Remove number before posting.

Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Given the estimated speed range that'll be a g.fast connectiom

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

@Godzilla1 wrote:

Hi All,

Hopefully a easy one, I did look at some faqs, but,  does not answer the question i have (I think)!

On the assumption you are getting G.Fast rather than FTTP

1.  What is actually changed in your house by the engineer.  Something about a ont added.

NTE faceplate changed for a G.Fast faceplate. An ONT is the optical modem if you were getting FTTP

2. Does the current bt wall socket box change or its not used anymore?

See 1.

3. I currently use a btopenreach white box, with a cable going into a asus rtac68u, which provides my internet.

That will no longer work as it isn't G.Fast compatible

4. I dont have a hub or its in the loft, I have no clue, how old it is, I need to find it first.

No

5. if the hub is old, do i need to get a new one now or does the engineer bring a new hub

You will get a new SH2

6. Location - I am guessing the engineer will recommend a place to put the new box, if there is a new box fitted.

N/A

Apologies if I have repeated myself, the chap in the call center could not answer some of the questions during the upgrade , apart from the engineer is booked for 2 week turnaround.

Any help or picture of the new equipment

Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks for all the replies so far,

I have added another picture based on the link sent eariler.

Cabinet 63 is close by and here is some of the figures.

Looks like, Gfast as that seems to be mentioned a few times!

Hopefully this might answer the questions I have.

bt1.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

FTTP is not available, G.Fast is, ergo you are getting G.Fast.

Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

@licquorice  so does that mean a new faceplate and getting rid of the white modem and a new hub?

I better check if my asus RT-AC68U router will work as well as my Uibiquiti disc.

I really need to find that BT hub which has been in a box for a while in the loft somewhere, incase i dont get a new hub.  BT chap did not mention a hub being sent to me.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Don't bother your old hub will not work with G.FAST

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.