Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
discom
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Bt Infinity 2 - Slow in evenings

Go to solution

Hi All,

I've had Bt infinity 2 for over a year and half, first 12 months I had a great service, 74meg + :), then a couple of months ago a new housing estate was connected on to the the same cabinet I'm on and all speeds have dropped. From 8.2 meg downloads to 6.4 meg downloads. I've put this down to crosstalk.

Trouble is for the last month or so, speed in the evening have now dropped from the 6.4 to less then 1.5 meg, speeds I was getting when I had adsl, not something I expect from Infinity 2. Specially at the cost BT charge for this.

Is there any chance a mod could contact me so that I can make sure that this congestion problem is noted by Bt wholesale as I'm paying for a fibre service but getting adsl speeds. Pointless having fibre speeds in the day when I'm in work. Trying to watch netflix in 4k whilst my son plays online games is impossible.

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Bt Infinity 2 - Slow in evenings

Go to solution

Please can you please provide BT Wholesale speed test results for different times of the day, including the further diagnostics page? The last test needs to be done at peak times so the results are stored on the BT server.

These must be done using a computer connected to the home hub, using an Ethernet cable.

Use this link http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

Do not restart the home hub, even though it tells you to do it.

0 Ratings
discom
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi,

One test taken in the morning and the other taken at 10pm this evening. 

Thanks

2017-02-15.jpg2017-02-14.jpg 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
do not do any more speedtests as the last one is stored on BT wholesales servers

I have asked a forum moderator to help you they will post their contact link here
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @discom,

Thank you for running that speed test. It does look like it could be a capacity issue at the exchange. If you send me in your details I'll be able to take a look at the network to see if there are any known issues. 

You can send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
discom
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@john46 thank you, @PaddyB thank you

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for taking my call this morning @discom. I'm glad we were able to get this sorted. Post back if you have any other problems and we'll be happy to help.

All the best

David

0 Ratings