cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samjones294
Message 1 of 3

Bt Infinity extremely slow during evenings

Hi,

Recently had BT Inifinity 55Mbps installed, worked for around a week or two as advertisited. Recenly, the speed drops down to around 4-5mpbs every evening, making the broadband nearly unusable. Speedtests have been conducted using a comptuer plugged in via wifi with all other devices disconnected, meaning the fault lies with the line.

During the day the speed is fine, leading me to the conclusion that the line is congested in the evening. However, having it drop down so low is unacceptable, so needs to be looked into.

Can someone help.

Thanks,

Sam

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Bt Infinity extremely slow during evenings

Hi @samjones294 Welcome to the forum and sorry you are experiencing slow speeds in the evening. 

Have you reported a fault? If not contact the broadband technical chat team and post back to let us know how you got on.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
samjones294
Message 3 of 3

Re: Bt Infinity extremely slow during evenings

Hi @JohnC2, thanks for getting back to me.

I spoke to BT on the phone, and they have arranged an engineer to come and visit my property. My only concern is that the speed only drops in the evening, but is mainly fine during the day, which is when the engineer is due to visit.

Will they still be able to dectect a faul if they are not visting during the time period of slow speeds?

Thanks,

Sam

0 Ratings