cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pryke1a
Beginner
Message 1 of 18

Bt Infinity speed East Ipswich Ip3 8

Hopefully someone can offer some advice on an issue thats now got totally out of hand.

The basics, Joined Bt infinity in Sept 16, absolueltly amazing speeds at 45-50 mbps all throughout the day.

However in the last 3 weeks, between 14:00 and midnight my broadband speed is now anywhere between 1 -10 mbps. The other half of the day the speed is back up to 40-50mbps. Im just not getting anywhere with this issue. Called numerous times, and sat endlessly for up to hour at times while various tests are done down the line and over the phone. Ive been sent a new hub ( smart hub6 ) ive had an engineer visit at 8am which i said surely would be better if the engineer made the visit during the times when there was the issue.  I Still have the same problem. At around 10 calls now ive made i have been hung up on 3 times. I currently have no idea where i am with BT with this issue. Ive been told there is a fault and ive been told there isnt a fault. ive been told this is normal and ive been told this isnt normal. Ive now been told it will be £149 on my next bill to send someone round in the afternoon. I am now totally frustrated with this issue. Customer Service so far with Bt has to be the worse i have ever experienced. Even worse than being a NPower customer during there multi million £ fine in 2015.

The last test i did done wired on the BTwholesale website recorded download 8.45 - upload 8.83 - ping 29.25 this was done at 16:40pm.

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: Bt Infinity speed East Ipswich Ip3 8

As this looks like a classic case of congestion you are wasting your time ringing BT or having an engineer out. None of then can do anything about it as it is down to BTWholesale to rectify. They should be aware of it and be taking steps to sort it out.

In the meantime could you run 2 speed tests, one when your connection is OK and then one when it is slow.  After the first test completes click on Further Diagnostics and post a screenshot of the result. Also name your exchange one of the mods will be able to check when the work is scheduled to be done.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 18

Hi @pryke1a

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the problems you're having with your broadband speed during peak times.  This does sound like a congestion issue.

Can you post back what exchange you're connected to so that I can have a quick check if there are any known issues?  You can find what exchange you're connected to by entering your phone number here

Reply confirming what exchange it shows please (without posting personal info).

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
pryke1a
Beginner
Message 4 of 18

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Telephone Number 01473******on Exchange FOXHALL is served by Cabinet 50
0 Ratings
pryke1a
Beginner
Message 5 of 18

Thanks for both replys. Ill shortly post results of tests done at good and slow times.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
hayesn
Beginner
Message 6 of 18

I have exactly the same experience with the Foxhall exchange. I also joined in Sept and have posted yesterday about it. Grateful if you let us know if it gets resolved. Neil.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 18

Hi @pryke1a,

Can you please run the 'further diagnostics' part of the speed test so the results are picked up on wholesale side.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
pryke1a
Beginner
Message 8 of 18

im trying to run the further diagnostic part of the test, it is asking for telephone number of the broadband circuit.

Is that just my landline? if it is then the test just then says

null

The Performance Tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider.

or is this another number? if so where do i find it?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 18

yes it is your phone number complete with dialling code
0 Ratings
pryke1a
Beginner
Message 10 of 18

Okay so then as previously just mentioned, I seem to be getting that error each time? I have had that message previously when attempting to run the test, but at that time

0 Ratings