Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prezesczwa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Bt Infinity speed in going down and down

Welcome All

I have a problem with Bt infinity option 2. Since I jon BT in June this year my download and upload speed is constantly going down every months. First There was 47/17 with 54/19 max on my line is OK. After few weeks 46/16, after few weeks 42/16, after that 40/15, after that 38/13, 38/12, 36/12, I checked on BT site my brodband speed and its been changed to max 54/13. Then I called CS and after 24h My speed has gone up to 42/12 and after few weeks (now) is 29/8.5. I choose infinity option 2 to get the best possible speed from my line but this is not what I expected. In that case by the end of contract I will end up with 0/0 Smiley Frustrated I wrote 2 complaints but there was no answer at all. Yesterday when I called CS they redirect me to technicall support and I've been told that BT can give me minimum 50% of estimated speed on my line and that is OK, There is no fault on the line, my PC is working fine.

That meens BT is changing my speed, ip profile was 48/20 at the beginning now is 31/20

And one thing, I've been told that upload speed dont have a minimum so I can end up with 0 without problem

anyone has an idea what to do?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Bt Infinity speed in going down and down

Contact the mods, they should be able to give you more info. Be aware it takes about 3 days for a reply.

Guru
Message 3 of 4

Though  your upload IP profile is 20 you will still be assigned a Sync speed exactly the same as download. Have you had any maintance in your area from BT or road works? Street lamps are a good factor of adding noise to the line I believe, but your best option would be to contact the moderators as they can see your line stats.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
prezesczwa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

I did not notice any works near the cabinet, i've sent an email to mods. Maybe there is a chance to reset ip profile so it can be checked ones again? As i tried reset hub several times over last few weeks and propably i make it worse but i didnt know about how resetting your hub affected ip profile and line looks line dont deal with the amount of data or something. Im waiting for response from mods and in mean time maybe some of you can give me more advice what to do.

And one thing: when i do speedcheck on btwholesale.com on the results when the download green bar is "Max Achievable Speed 0Mbps" is it that strange? should be max ip profile or something. on upload green bar there is 20Mbps as ip profile

0 Ratings