Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidisherwood
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 14

Re: Bt Retail Servers Fault

Go to solution

Thanks for the comments and replies.

I'm knwo well the potential problems with interference and have clean wiring with my hub into the master socket and nothing that could impact, hence why the download speeds are close to the max.

It is also odd that there is a fault open on the account, which appear the day of the switch over. The call centre didn't even seem to want to acknowledge this so I will have to submit a complaint to the UK customer complaints and try it the old fashioned royal mail way!

Thanks again

Dave

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution

Unfortunately upload speeds are not guaranteed. BT only specify download speeds, so I think you are probably wasting your time raising a complaint.

0 Ratings
davidisherwood
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution

Yes, I understand the the limits of the T&Cs and how these companies operate.

However, as I've said, there is an open fault on my account and at the very least this needs resolving. At the basic level having an open fault means I cannot ever run a fault checker in the future so it really needs tidying up.

Besides, Nothing is ever a waste of time. Any gain, no matter how small moves us all in the right direction and drives progress which has ultimately moved us from just having a basic conversation over the copper wires to the wealth of information now streaming into my home over those same wires Bell used a hundred years ago.

I'll try.....

Thanks again

0 Ratings
davidisherwood
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution

Just to let everybody know that is upload issue is now fixed.

Unfortunately for BT it involved me moving suppliers. As soon as the new one took over the uploads hit 20mb straight away:

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 23.09.15.png

The line was always showing that it had this capability and I was always getting close to 76mb. It just wouldn't move at more than 10mb up. Since the move it has been fine.

It was clearly a retail server fault and it's a shame it took a move to sort it as I had some help from the UK customer service team and their approach was second to none. Very impressed.

Just thought I would post what my solution was

Thanks again for the replies.

0 Ratings