cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IanKelly
Beginner
Message 1 of 23

Bt Super fast fibre slow

Hi sorry if this has been asked 100 times before.

So I have the superfast broadband I get between 14 to 20 mbs the lines are terrible even though the cabinet is fftc.

An engineer came out the first thing he said to me was it's your lines he didn't even need to test anything he has worked on them before.

He switched me as there was spares in cabinet and I got 30mbs not great but better I noticed this last week it had slowed right down again and I saw a bt engineer was working at my neighbor's I asked him if he was working on the lines and he had he was on Tuesday ( right about the time it slowed down can only just stream on one TV) I know what's happened he's been fault finding and he's switch my connection to another one possible swapping it with the neighbors or back to my orignal. 

Called bt they wanted me to do a speed test to which there's no point the issue is the lines to the cabinet. No doubt another engineer will come out just to tell me the same thing but do nothing.

(How can I be getting charged the same as someone that has 3 or 4 times my speed)

Is there anything I can do to get them to upgrade these lines or have they just give up and waiting for everyone to be on 5g in 2050.

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 23

Re: Bt Super fast fibre slow

is there any line noise  dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone using test socket

post your router stats

enter phone number and post results  remember delete number  https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
IanKelly
Beginner
Message 3 of 23

Hi jolly 

I don't own a phone and isn't that a adsl checker not fibre

I'm getting 20 up 4 down on speed test.net as it's not busy now 

They guarantee my speed at 25 but sometimes it's 14

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 23

your FTTC is delivered on the same phone line that you previous adsl used so the test is as valid now as it was then  a basic corded phone for about £5 could save you the engineer call out fee if the problem was found to be in your home  noise is a killer for broadband so you need to check that is not your problem

you need to post some stats/information to enable the forum members to help and failing that the forum mods - but up to you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
IanKelly
Beginner
Message 5 of 23

I all ready know the problem I won't get charged a call out fee there's no problem my end.

A engineer has all ready been out last month I know the problem it's the lines to the cabinet that's the issue I was asking if there is anything I can do to get them upgraded.

I'm not sure what information u need. Plus that checker don't work because I don't have adsl I have fibre it's a different test all that test say is that I can have 4mb broadband.

Just wanted to see if anyone had any joy getting the lines to cabinet upgraded 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 23

I don't know who keeps telling you things don't work because you are now on fibre and not adsl - it rubbish they do work with FTTC

as long as your phone works and there is no line noise then you have little chance of any line change happening

0 Ratings
IanKelly
Beginner
Message 7 of 23

Maybe I'm getting confused pal but that link u posted basically gives me information on what adsl I can get.

0 Ratings
IanKelly
Beginner
Message 8 of 23

Screenshot_20190916-165600.png

0 Ratings
IanKelly
Beginner
Message 9 of 23

Nevermind I found it hopefully u can see that

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 23

entering phone number should show you ALL the options for that number

your post is to blurred to read

0 Ratings