Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Robcoll
Message 1 of 6

Bt fibre broadband not up to promised speeds

Hi first time poster here
I had a call from BT before Xmas about our long awaited super fast broadband connection. I was promised from 29 to 40 mbs download speed I asked several times to clarify the actual speeds I would get. Now it has been turned on since the 9th of January and the speeds I'm getting is 15 is this an acceptable speed for broadband. I have used the ap and the wholesale speed test and it says everything is working as intended
Thanks for the help
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Bt fibre broadband not up to promised speeds

Can you post stats from your hub  advanced settings then technical log information 

any line noise  dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone 

have you tried using test socket with a filter to see if that helps

enter phone number and post results remember delete number 

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Robcoll
Message 3 of 6

Hi
I have the new filter that was sent with the new hub how do I post the results from BTwholesale I will try the number once I get home
Thank you for the quick reply
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Robcoll
Message 4 of 6

Telephone Number on Exchange BLUNSDON is served by Cabinet 24

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)WBC FTTC Availability DateWBC SOGEA Availability DateLeft in Jumper  High Low High Low        Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)WBC FTTP Availability Date   ADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date Left in JumperObserved SpeedsVDSLADSLOther Offerings     Availability Date   Premise environmentStatus

VDSL Range A (Clean)28.7185.73.715Available---- 
VDSL Range B (Impacted)27.6155.73.311.4Available---- 
FTTP on Demand33030--Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 3--2.5 to 6.5Available--Yes 
ADSL MaxUp to 3--2 to 5.5Available---- 
WBC Fixed Rate1 ----Available--Yes 
Fixed Rate1 ----Available---- 
Max Observed Downstream Speed (Mbps)--6.65     
Max Upstream Observed Speed (Mbps)--1.11     
Observed Date--2018-07-21     
VDSL Multicast------Available---- 
ADSL Multicast------Available---- 
Bridge TapU      
VRIN      
NTEFaceplateN      
Last Test Date11-01-2019      

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

So estimated connection range for your line is 28/18mb down. Now need your router stats

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Robcoll
Message 6 of 6

I will try that when I get home from work thanks
0 Ratings