Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
L3
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 35

Re: Bt fibre low speeds is it fault?.

Cheers guys.

A home tech engineer sounds more like someone who sorts out a router, any wireless issues and not fault fixer for sockets, lines, cabinets, poles. 

Looking at this that snr dropping going that low shouldn't speed increase

Current Rate (Kbps)Max Rate (Kbps)SNR Margin (dB)Line Attenuation (dB)Errors (Pkts)

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 35

the noise margin is dropping due to your actual speed remaining the same and your attainable constantly dropping.  you need engineer for your line

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
L3
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 35

Looks like it's had some kind of drop or re sync today tp link lcp down,  leaving showtime

And came back with this

Current Rate (Kbps)Max Rate (Kbps)SNR Margin (dB)Line Attenuation (dB)Errors (Pkts)

0 Ratings
L3
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 35

Hi

I've had my smart hub 2 arrive.

Now do I stick with my TP link 9980 or go with smart hub 2. 

Please guys like your feedback?.

Thanks. 

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 25 of 35

Stick with the TP-Link IMO.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 35

the last stats was best attainable speed you have posted for a while

the tplink is only single band whereas SH2 id dual band so depends on how much use you could make of the 5ghz network

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
L3
Aspiring Expert
Message 27 of 35

Hi guys

I got home tech engineer coming this week, is it worth him coming will he fix it.

Does the max rate go up and down this much 45-46 to today' s (see below) back to 15th may max rate was 46.

Cheers guys

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 28 of 35

That will be a Qube engineer to check you've set everything up correctly. He cannot access the Openreach network nor make any changes.

Welcome to BT's chocolate Teapot.

0 Ratings
L3
Aspiring Expert
Message 29 of 35

Update guys estimated time of arrival for engineer between  2 and 4.

Up until now no show  and its  nearly 4.10pm and checked the account says engineer visit complete.

Not a good service

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 30 of 35

Hi @L3 I'm really sorry the visit didn't happen that's not good at all. I know that Openreach are attempting to resolve faults on the external network without accessing customers homes but they should still be getting in touch to let you know what's happening. Are you still experiencing slow speeds?

0 Ratings