Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
L3
Aspiring Expert
Message 31 of 35

Re: Bt fibre low speeds is it fault?.

Hi

After a Bt home tech no show on Thursday, made a call to BT and nice lady at BT sent out engineer on Friday he was good engineer and she's doing follow up calls.  

Now they want a proper fix instead of these temp fixes.

On his tests he found low snr, he want to cab for lift n shift but was full and re connected it,  he run test at cab end found a loop error. 

Don't know what one is. 

I've also had dlm reset.

Current rate now is 39 meg with max rate 46. And floating around 6db

Some weird reason now my internet light on my tp 9980 is not on but I'm on WiFi typing this. 

0 Ratings
L3
Aspiring Expert
Message 32 of 35

Hello guys

News some advice had bt open reach here last Friday about my fibre.

The engineer  found low snr, he want to cab for lift n shift but was full and re connected it,  he run test at cab end found a loop error, a DLM reset.

On Fri my max rate was 39 d/l and 7 u/l and 16ms, on sat connection dropped and came back 47 on download and 7 on upload 8ms ping. 

Monday I've had 2 drops on router logs, Tuesday it dropped 3 times and one while on phone to bt follow up call. 

Today now router showing 

Current Rate (Kbps)Max Rate (Kbps)SNR Margin (dB)Line Attenuation (dB)Errors (Pkts)

What you guys think. 

Thanks

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 33 of 35

If your drops were in the early hours it would be DLM doing its job.As you can see your speed is rising.

0 Ratings
L3
Aspiring Expert
Message 34 of 35

Hello guys.

Need some advice please guys and what to do next.

I had engineer out on 5th June and the engineer found low snr, he want to cab for lift n shift but was full and re connected it,  he run test at cab end found a loop error, a DLM reset, replaced master socket. 

Now it's 27th June and my connection is dropping upto 4 times a day router says leaving showtime. 

This is from yesterday 26th June  leaving showtime 19.57pm, 11.19am,  midnight

25th june 23.58pm,  8.19am,  00.16am.

What u guys think

0 Ratings
L3
Aspiring Expert
Message 35 of 35

To add to the above.

The engineer mentioned something about vectoring, what's that.   I am using a tp link 9980 and looked at specs and says this below. Do u think tp link 9980 causing any these issues with dropped connections as from my post above

Thanks guys

VDSL2 Standards

ITU-T G.993.2
ITU-T G.998.4 (G.INP)

0 Ratings