Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 35

Re: Bt fibre low speeds is it fault?.

sorry but you have never said if you tried quiet line test and if so was there any line noise which could account for all your connection problems

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
L3
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 35

Can't hear any loud crackles.

Is this normal for dlm or have i got issue here somewhere. 

The current rate is at 32 was banded at 34998.  Does that max rate fluctuate that much from high as 46-47 to low as 22 and snr from 1.8 to 12. 

Csromrrent Rate (Kbps)Max Rate (Kbps)SNR Margin (dB)Line Attenuation (dB)Errors (Pkts)

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 35

so quiet line test was silent  does not have to be load crackle  could be a hiss, static

there is certainly something wrong with your connection and looks like need engineer visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
L3
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 35

Last year when I had engineer out his device picked up on spike 60m from property roughly that is between house and the pole and he fiddled about with box by window and said hr fault. 

On listening on line again no crackles but a faint soft like static noise like u get to close speaker. 

Last night when logged into router max rate went to 35 and today is 21.

Basic Status

Device Information

Firmware Version:0.6.0 1.13 v0021.0 Build 160125 Rel.52064n

Hardware Version:TD-W9980 v1 00000001

System Up Time:3 day(s) 12:56:48

DSL

Line Status:Connected

DSL Modulation Type:VDSL2

Annex Type:Annex A/B/L/M

Upstream DownstreamCurrent Rate (Kbps)Max Rate (Kbps)SNR Margin (dB)Line Attenuation (dB)Errors (Pkts)
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 15 of 35

So the quiet line test is not quiet. You have noise on your line. Report a noisey line, do not mention broadband.

0 Ratings
L3
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 35

Are these line suppose to be dead quiet or should u hear slight faint noise. 

I've been in this house 40yrs and it's same line since we been here. The BT engineer before in August picked up data spike 60m away. 

What's best Best number for faults. 

Cheers guys

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 35

The line should be silent no noise at all apart from announcement

phone 151 and report phone fault

0 Ratings
L3
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 35

Hello guys update

Just had call to BT 150.  He's saying it's pick up something and it's been up and down over last 2 weeks. 

Offered to send me Smart hub 2 free of charge, I did ask what's the catch.  Any they any good.?.

He also said I booked you a bt home tech engineer but it's a 2 week wait.

What's your guys thoughts please

Thanks

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 35

I don't think a SH2 will help your problem but if free I suppose handy to have

you need engineer visit to fix the line noise

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 20 of 35

A home tech engineer will not be an Openreach one which is what you need. It will be a Qube engineer who will only check your connections and then pass it on to Openreach.

0 Ratings