cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaseb41
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 25

Bt home hub 3 Any good?

New to the forum and new to bt infinity from next week just wondering if anybody has got anything good to say about bt home hub 3 as read lots of bad posts about wifi dropouts and lots of replacements due to faults coming from sky fibre to bt and got to say that the sky hub is very reliable with no dropouts whatsoever in 3 months of 24/7 use but the quality and speed of there service lets them down hence the move to bt!
0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25

Re: Bt home hub 3 Any good?

with regard to downloading etc how far are you from the street cabinet? as that can also dictate speed. so far im not impressed with the hub itself..and plan on replacing it with something different

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 3 of 25

The HomeHub is fine overall, like you said you do get faulty ones but it happens. I've never experienced a dropout with the HH3B version, the only downhill of the HH is that you don't have that many features available as you would If you bought your own.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
UrbanGrunt
Expert
Message 4 of 25

Most of the time it's fine. It's just as good as the sky router and does the job for most people. There has been problems with firmware etc in the last year or so but as far as I'm aware most if not all of the issues have now been fixed.

swaber
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 25

ive never had a problem with mine . but you have to consider ppl dont post on here unless they have problems nobody posts to say the dont have problems Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 25

put my ps3 in dmz there so be interesting to see if it has any drop outs this time round.....

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 25

like many others I have no problems with the home hub and as to reliability no problems either
Jaseb41
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 25

Well thanks for all your replies I say about 50/50 on performance then? I am about 200 metres fom the cabinet so not to far so speed should be quite good got to be better than sky's offering shall we say, when I get my new hub does it update its firmware is self like the sky hub does or do you manually have to update?
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 9 of 25

The firmware will update automatically, though this won't be straight away.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
Banbert
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 25

I think the HH3 is a decent bit of kit. I was on Aquiss FTTC before I swapped to BT Infinity (primarily to save some cash) and was using a fairly expensive Cisco router but decided to give the HH3 a go because it was free and after a year of use I have to say I been very impressed with it and sold my Cisco a long time ago. 

Lots of stuff connected to it in various ways, several PC's via cat 5, 4 or 5 iOS tablets/phones via WiFi (more when friends visit) couple of laptops via WiFi, YouView box via homeplugs, Apple TV via WiFi, PS3 via WiFi, CCTV cameras via WiFi. Printer via WiFi.

I also run quite a few services in the DMZ such as FTP and a small web server plus a few other things as well as downloading and uploading a lot and it just rocks along with it all.

iI heard quite a few negative things about it before I swapped over to BT but tbh I couldnt be more pleased with it.