Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anthonyUK
Expert
Message 11 of 25

Re: Bt home hub 3 Any good?

@Jaseb41 wrote:
Well thanks for all your replies I say about 50/50 on performance then? I am about 200 metres fom the cabinet so not to far so speed should be quite good got to be better than sky's offering shall we say, when I get my new hub does it update its firmware is self like the sky hub does or do you manually have to update?

The HH3 performs well. I think it has been tested to way above the 80mbit we can currently get.

As mentioned there are a few little things that are annoying like not being able to set your own DNS servers but I'm surprised coming from much more expensive routers in the past such as Draytek at how usable it is.

Guru
Message 12 of 25

I've found the HH3B adequate for me.  It is missing quite a few features, many of which I wouldn't use if it had them.  Main drawback for me is that you can't change its DNS settings.

umar2131
Contributor
Message 13 of 25

0 Ratings
Jaseb41
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 25

Hi quick question about bt hh3 does it give real time stats of your fibre connection or do you have to reboot it now and then to get current sync speeds as I currently have to with the sky hub?
0 Ratings
anthonyUK
Expert
Message 15 of 25

You don't get any connection stats from the router when using Infinity.

This comes from the modem and it must be unlocked to do this.

Jaseb41
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 25

Hi meant just the sync speeds are they real time or hub needs a reboot now and then to get current speeds?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 25

no speed information is available on the hub they are locked in the Openreach modem
0 Ratings
Jaseb41
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 25

So you don't even know what your synced at even the sky hub I currently have tells you your current sync speeds even though its hooked up to the openreach modem how do you find out then I take it you have to do a speed test then?
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 19 of 25

You will need to unlock the modem or purchase your own modem.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 20 of 25

So you don't even know what your synced at even the sky hub I currently have tells you your current sync speeds even though its hooked up to the openreach modem how do you find out then I take it you have to do a speed test then?

As the others have said, you need an unlocked modem to find the full details.  The IP Profile gives a pretty good indication of sync speed under most situations.  It does not in some cases where the profile has gone wrong (which is quite a common reason for wanting to know the sync speed).  The speed test gives an indication as well; even more remotely related.  And again, it is often when things are wrong that you want to know the extra details you can't find out.

0 Ratings