cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thomasmulhall
Contributor
Message 1 of 43

Bt infinity 2 DLM

Hi I have had bt infinity 2 for a while and I discovered the speeds on 2.4 were we'll bellow 70 Mbps and 5ghz was near to 70 Mbps. I reported a fault on the line and they came and fixed the problem. I am now getting 30mbps on 2.4 ghz down from 40 Mbps when the fault was there. Will I have dlm applied 3 days after they have fixed the fault on the line or do I still have a fault.
0 Ratings
42 REPLIES 42
thomasmulhall
Contributor
Message 2 of 43

Re: Bt infinity 2 DLM

This is my noise on the line I think

8. Noise margin: 12.5 / 12.2
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 43

hi thomas can you provide more line stats than just the noise margin

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 43

Hi

The most likely reason your speed has dropped is because of a noise /crosstalk issue this has caused the DLM to reduce your IP profile to stabilise the line all you need to do is leave the connection alone for up to 2 weeks and once the DLM see the line as stable again it should start to rise again
0 Ratings
dja1000
Contributor
Message 5 of 43

Off topic but.....

Seems crazy that BT have the ability view our connections details and our LANS, but they do not have the capability to remotely manage their cabinets. Were they bought in the 1980's by any chance?

Just wondering as every forum for every ISP has consistent moaning about DLM
0 Ratings
bartman1967
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 43

@john46 wrote:
Hi

The most likely reason your speed has dropped is because of a noise /crosstalk issue this has caused the DLM to reduce your IP profile to stabilise the line all you need to do is leave the connection alone for up to 2 weeks and once the DLM see the line as stable again it should start to rise again

LOL, alway love a giggle from a constant cut and paste with half a wrong answer to the OP question, lets alter that paste:

The most likely reason your speed has dropped is because of a noise /crosstalk issue this has caused the DLM to reduce your IP profile to stabilise the line all you need to do is leave the connection alone for up to 2 weeks and once the DLM see the line as stable again it should start to rise again.

OK, wasn't that extremley easy? why did I alter that cut and paste? With the engineer visit he actually made alterations to the connection and DLM would have thought that it was a line fault, as most kown on here that DLM is automatic and will kick in after two weeks, if you are lucky, but what most people don't know, is that the engineer should of requested a line reset after tinkering around with it, you have a right and it is how it should be done. But anyway, a good giggle from a repetative copy and paste makes you look silly to the regulars and puts a smile on my face Smiley Happy, lol ex NASA, and that is rocket science......

What's slow about FTTC........DLM 😞
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 7 of 43

@thomasmulhall wrote:
Hi I have had bt infinity 2 for a while and I discovered the speeds on 2.4 were we'll bellow 70 Mbps and 5ghz was near to 70 Mbps.

This isn't a DLM problem. This is simply wireless interference.

--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Metallifux
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 43

I've had the same copy and paste in a thread I raised under near identical circumstances.  Whilst on the phone to BT ysterday to get a free HH5 I mentioned my slow speeds, put through to support.  "It could be your network".  It's not my network.  "I'll do a line check and call you back".  OK.

Lo and behold network fault and ticket raised.  Hope it's fixed soon.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 43

I can't see how a line fault can give different speeds for 2.4Ghz and 5Hhz. They are wireless frequencies that transmit the speed received at the router.  What is your wired speed?

0 Ratings
Metallifux
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 43

Apologies I should have clarified, mine has nothing to do with wireless speeds, line speed only.

0 Ratings