cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Byould30
Message 1 of 8

Bt infinity at new build house

I am shortly moving to a new home on a new housing estate. Bt have said they can only offer me standard broadband as this is the only thing showing as available.

The other properties around me can get infinity and they are currently occupied. The other addresses that are still being built can't get it.

What are the chances of bt infinity becoming available once a line is installed? Surely bt should be able to give me some idea but they can't at the moment.

Grateful for any advice
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Bt infinity at new build house

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
0 Ratings
Byould30
Message 3 of 8

I haven't been given a phone number yet so cannot check. I have only been able to do it by postcode and house number
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

what does the address check show the postcode check is the least accurate
0 Ratings
Byould30
Message 5 of 8

It just shows adsl is available. Nothing about fibre.

Surely bt could give me some idea?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

that checker is used by all providers not just BT Retail and they can only work with the information they have on that checker
0 Ratings
Byould30
Message 7 of 8

Bt infinity

I have just had a new line installed today with standard broadband. I ideally want bt infinity but it wasn't available to order. It is in the houses around me and I wonder if after the line is activated and live then will the openreach database be updated to allow me to order fibre? If so how long does it take to update? Thanks
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Re: Bt infinity

Give it a couple of days for the database to update, then check the broadband availability link.

Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number if  you post the results.

0 Ratings