cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Willage440
Message 1 of 9

Bt infinity installation - not working

Hi All,

Had an engineer come to install infinity yesterday after I upgraded from normal broadband. After he installed it seemed like my normal broadband was working until about 6pm then disconnected. I assumed they were getting ready to activiate Infinity but there is still no connection this morning. 

The activiation date was yesterday, I know it can take up until midnight but is it a common issue for there to be no connection 8 hours after?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Bt infinity installation - not working

No. It should have been up and running before the installer left. He should have tested that everything was working correctly.

If you are using the same Homehub as you had try a factory reset of the homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds.

If that doesn't work Give BT a call 0800 111 4567 and inform them that your installation has not been done correctly.

0 Ratings
Willage440
Message 3 of 9

We got a new home hub 5 for the installation. All the engineer did was plug the home hub in and wait for the light to turn blue.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

I take it the light is showing orange. If it is you will need to contact BT.

0 Ratings
Willage440
Message 5 of 9

Yeah it's flashing orange on the home hub. I've tried giving them a call, they said they were running some tests and then someone would call me back...never did.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Looks like you will need to call them again. Just keep on at them.

0 Ratings
Willage440
Message 7 of 9

Alright, thanks 🙂
0 Ratings
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 9

Unfortunately, sounds like yet another sub-contractor install.......Smiley Mad

If you found this post helpful, then please click the star on the left, after all, I'm only trying to help........Smiley Wink
0 Ratings
Willage440
Message 9 of 9

Yeah, I rang up BT who are sending an engineer to come and have a look! Hopefully that sorts it but I'm not overly optimistic.

0 Ratings