cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrcoluk
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 23

Re: Bt openreach total **bleep**

First off I agree its a shambles.  Not helped by the fact openreach is forcefully seperated from BT retail.

This issue could have occured with any isp, sky, talktalk etc. as its a openreach side failure with the engineer.

Also the BT booking system apparently (as I was told by chairmans office) requires a day wait before a new appointment can be booked after a cancellation.  The key issue I guess is that the area was considered high risk by openreach so cabinet was double locked and contractors dont have the 2nd key, that is a complete farce but this double key thing I have read several occurences off with different isp's as its all managed by openreach.

Now there is a priority system where orders can be pushed through quickly (mine was), in that case I think you may get one in 2-3 days but it depends if you can get BT to push it through like that or if they just give you waht the normal booking system says.  Its called a expidited install. Mine was expidited by the chairman's office after I complained about an install date almost 2 months away from my order date.

0 Ratings
MBR123
Expert
Message 12 of 23

Heres £10.00 for your trouble!. Was you joking?. I have never ever heard a story like that before about an openreach engineer!. Sounds a bit fictional to me, sure you just was not dreaming about your install?. 😉

Please click on white star to the left and say thanks if I have helped you at all!. 🙂 Thank you. Some handy links Copy & Paste:-
http://bthomehub.home/
http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/index.html
http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=Speed
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 23

The £10 payment is given out as a "missed appointment " payment by some Comms providers.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
MBR123
Expert
Message 14 of 23

Sorry, I have never heard of openreach paying out £10.00's before. They have missed many appointments in the past with me but I have never ever been given a £10.00 payback loss, cause of it!. Maybe I should get in touch and ask, I would be at least £50.00 better off, if they paid up!. Surely, why would openreach do that, there must be thousands of missed appointments everyday, they would be losing money by the bucket loads if they did that for everyone, every day of the week, it would not make any financial sense for openreach at all!.

Please click on white star to the left and say thanks if I have helped you at all!. 🙂 Thank you. Some handy links Copy & Paste:-
http://bthomehub.home/
http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/index.html
http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=Speed
0 Ratings
kazall8
Beginner
Message 15 of 23

£10 was credited back onto my bt account. maybe due to me ranting at them for 1/2 hour.

Latest news on the locked cab is, passing by this afternoon I noticed a Openreach van at the offending cabinet. Asked the man with his head in the old box about the locks, he told me to see the bloke in the van as he worked for Quinns.

The Openreach engineer then explained he was there for that reason. Turns out it's not locked due to vandals but because 100 metres away is a military barracks and needs to be locked for that reason. He tells me that contractors contact his boss who in turn send an engineer to meet  them at the cab. my engineer had the look of " CAN'T BE BOTHERED" on his face !

Bt should know which cabs are locked and why. Total incompetence.

I'm still waiting for a call from the quick response team ( lol ) or it's 2 weeks away.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 23

BT like every other Provider know nothing about street cabinets as they are Openreach's responsibility not that of any comms provider
0 Ratings
lukehnat
Beginner
Message 17 of 23

I live 1/4 from the exchange and after been pestered beyond belief with sales calls to upgrade from Bt Broadband whereby we were getting average speed of 14mb , we receive a letter from BT saying we can upgrade for "free" to Infinity.

So stupidly I decide to do so.

Dec 4th Openreach engineer comes out to fit infinity, rude , arrogant engineer, to the point that he reckoned he couldnt get near the main socket due tot he tv in the way, but didnt change the socket as it had already been done 12 months ago , but had me move the tv , and unit , to faff and then simply connect the white box to the black box!.

barely reaching speeds of 25mb on cable connection, a month and a half later, still unresolved to the point of BT upgrading my speed to 80mb, so we should get in the region (hopefully 50mb), I really feel for people that have paid for the upgrade.

We cant get the luxury service of Virgin Media where we are.

All I wil say is use "Twitter" to tweet to BT Care, they are actually very good in assisting to resolve the issues.

Openreach engineers are sub contracted and the engineer we had to start with shouldnt even be working from them. The customer service department that deals with complaints with Openreach are soo slow, I'm still waiting for my call regarding the issues I had with the engineer and any form of "compensation" ( in addition to our upgrade).

So if you decide to upgrade to Inifinity be warned that you may have to go a long way to get it sorted, we're still yet to see the "faster speeds"

0 Ratings
lukehnat
Beginner
Message 18 of 23

Might have been the same engineer we had, he said to me "right you can have the white box fitted on the wall, but that means me going to my van and getting the drill , then you having to decide where you want the box fitted, so I guess you are happy to leave it on the tv unit instead right?",

well having that being offered, i just wanted him to do the install and get out of my flat , as his face was clearly , "cant be bothered".

A dreaful service by Openreach, but til this day still not had a reply from my complaint regarding this , and it'll be a record 8 weeks on the 7th Feb!.

0 Ratings
biffo1963
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 23

@Locky wrote:

You dodged a bullet, go with another provider.

ALL ISPs use Openreach engineers for FTTC installations.  The only way the OP can avoid them is by not having fibre !

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 20 of 23

biffo1963 is almost right. ISPs have to go via Openreach. However, though the installers are contracted by Openreach, they are often not actually Opereach engineers. General opinion seems to be that the real Openreach ones do a better job than their contractors do.
0 Ratings