cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beaveros
Message 1 of 6

Bt smart hub 6 and Orange light

Hi I got the Superfast Fibre 1 Unlimited with smart Hub. Its worked fine 4-5 months, but few weeks ago, completly random my hub starts changing colour to orange and I dont have working internet in that time. After restart colour change to blue and everything working fine, but only for few minutes sometimes for hours but after this time its happen again and again and again.... If im not restart by pin hole hub restarting by himself amd work for short time.
I spoke with Bt customer service and they find fault on line but problem dont gone. Next they sent me Engineer. He change line, change socket on the wall but even this i still got problem. After few hours of working internet i got orange colour and still no internet. Its really annoying.

Engineer said me today is impossible the hub is faulty because its new device. Is it possible that it is the fault of the hub ? What to do next ? Please help.
Tags (3)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Bt smart hub 6 and Orange light

even though hub is new it is still quiter possible it is faulty and more likely after the work the engineer has done in your home      phone customer services and get replacement

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Beaveros
Message 3 of 6

I spoke with Customer service and they send me another engineer tommorow.

I saw in logs in bt hub home in the time when i got disconnect many of: pppoe error: timeout
Any one know its a connected to orange light and fault ?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

assuming engineer turns up see if he has another hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

"Engineer said me today is impossible the hub is faulty because its new device." Any engineer who says that is an idiot.

All ISP's have recieved a faulty batch at one time or another. I doubt very much it was an Openreach engineer you had, sounds more like a Qube engineer who BT use to check internal connections.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

It is entirely possible you have a faulty hub, however, it is more likely you are getting line disconnections and the engineer didn't fix the fault. Orange light = no connection.  Are you seeing any DSL events in the logs?

0 Ratings