cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Bt tv connected channels cause broadband outage for the rest of the day

We have just got bt tv and broadband. We have had problems since we got it. Everytime we try to watch a connected channel (e.g sky max), it says that it couldn't connect, then the entire broadband goes down for the rest of the day. We are now relying on the halo mini hub, and given the patterns of our problems, we probably won't get broadband back until tomorrow. Otherwise, the broadband is generally fine and has a blue light even when there is no internet. Where is the error being caused?

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Bt tv connected channels cause broadband outage for the rest of the day

Hi @newwatcher,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. I'm sorry if you've been experiencing issues with your BT TV and Broadband.

Having read your post, it's a bit of a strange issue and not one I've seen before. How is your TV box connected, are you connected to the hub using an ethernet cable or through powerline adapters, or wirelessly?

When you lose connection does the hub restart? Does restarting the hub get the connection back?

Please can you post your router stats?

If you are using the BT Smart hub you can get your connection stats by, Opening a new web browser on your connected device and type 192.168.1.254 or bthomehub.home into the address bar. This will open the Hub Manager.  Click Advanced Settings’ and then ‘Technical log’

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

It is connected by ethernet, but it is not me who has access to the admin

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

I tried restarting the hub but is now blinking yellow 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @newwatcher 

Thank you for posting back!

I am sorry for the problems you're having connecting to your broadband.  Watching your subscription channels shouldn't cause your broadband to disconnect.  This is a strange one and definitely one that needs further investigation.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings