cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Buffering YouTube on mobile devices on Halo2 900

Hi All

I recently upgraded to Halo2 900 and BT has provided the full 3 wifi discs along with the SmartHub 2. I did not think all the discs were necessary but the checks they did remotely indicated that perhaps it will be best.

However, compared to my older Synology RT2600AC router, i am seeing Yout tube buffer a lot (plays for a few seconds and then stalls) on my OnePlus 8 Pro and even when casting on my chromecast. 

Note that when streaming Netflix UHD and other streaming devices all is well and the same goes for all other connections. Youtube on PC works well even on Wifi.

I am due to get an thirs party to run an ethernet cable outside my home to the Living Room and Office - would that improve things if i connect directy to the Wifi Discs?

On an older thread here https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/Specific-youtube-videos-won-t-play/td-p/1760340... BT had identified an issue with IPV6 ad not sure if this is the same here on the SmartHub? My settings on the router is set to 'Stateless' under IPV6, i.e the default. Should i change that?

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Buffering YouTube on mobile devices on Halo2 900

I forgot to mention that all these videos play instantly the moment I switch off WiFi and switch to 4G.

The videos were mostly car reviews from magazines as we are about to change one of our cars. So nothing too unusual.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

I have two wifi discs and in the end I switched one of them off as I found my devices would switch between them all the time, even if the signal on the one my devices switched to was worse than the one it left. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Trouble is i need my wifi discs as they provide ethernet in places where no wifi devices are available. 

This is for me is 100% smarthub related and now i am a little bit annoyed as i just sold my old Synology router. Never had that issue before.

0 Ratings