cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Buffering

Since joining BT fibre broadband a yearcor so ago my tv has not run more than 30 mins without stopping to buffer, my internet radios continually lose signal and our phones transfer from wifi to phone signal for connection. I have had BT engineers out 4 or 5 times and they are clueless to solve, on line help desk just wants to move me on. I get a better signal when I connect into my neighbours EE router. Fed up now. I want to cancel my contract. Please advise how to do this, am I better just deleting the direct debit.
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Buffering

From your post it would apear that it is your wireless connection is the problem not the internet connection. Have turned off smart setup and also split the 2.4/5ghz networks to see if that helps

there I see no guarantee on your wireless connection so if you are still in your fixed term contract then you can cancel whenever you want but there will be early termination charges to pay. Just stopping the DD will result ultimately in being referred to debt collection agency and your credit reference dropping

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Yes split 2.5 from 5Ghz. Replaced wiring and done about 100 BT Wholesale speed checks.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Dboight brand new Tv, replaced hub box twice, photographed tv screen with clock to prove issue. BT really not interested.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Oh and also had tv directly wired to hub box to cut out any wireless effect. Visual on tv when buffering shows that there is no connection between box and outside world. Then it jumps back in. Fed up.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @johnpaulgossage

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your posts!

Sorry for the problems you're having with your broadband and BT TV service.  I can appreciate that it is frustrating that the service keeps buffering.  As you have tried what the guys on here have suggested please send us over your details so that we take a second look for you.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings