cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Building connected to fibre optic network, but not my flat

Really hoping someone can help me this, so far I've been bounced between BT and Openreach, with each one telling me I should contact the other. 

I've just moved into a property in Bethnal Green, and was quite surprised when trying to set up the broadband that I only had access to a copper network (1 - 3 mbps upload speed) at my property. When I checked the access that all other flats in my building had, I found they all had access to fibre optic. Could it be that this is just a recording error in the Openreach database? Is there any reason why only my flat would be excluded from the fibre optic network? If a technician needs to come to the property to check the connections, how can I go about arranging this? 

The address details seem to be correct (my exact address is listed) but it doesn't make sense to me why a flat across the landing from me, with a front door two metres away, would have access to the fibre optic network while I don't. 

From reading the forums I know similar issues have been faced by other people, so hoping someone can share a solution. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Building connected to fibre optic network, but not my flat

can you enter your phone number or failing that your address NOT post code and post the results

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

do you have anything like this in your flat

ONT fttp_small_ont_2019.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 6

Thanks so much for your response @imjolly. I’ve just called BT again and they’ve told me that my line is disconnected. Could that be the problem? I should be getting reconnected at the end of next week, so I’ll try again then (and at least be able to complete the search as you’ve suggested). The advisor told me that the issue could be raised with the Connections department at BT and passed on to Openreach if needed after everything is set up. Does that sound about right to you? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@imjolly Sorry, forgot to also say that no, I don’t have any equipment like that in the flat. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@Martynjcampbell 

once your phone gets connected probably after about a week to allow database to be updated you can use the link I posted and it should show what is available to you in way of broadband and estimated speeds

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 6

Thanks! I’ll check back then.
0 Ratings