cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Buying the correct ethernet cable

Go to solution

I want to return to using an ethernet cable, but my Dell Inspiron 15-3552 laptop does not have an ethernet port. How do I find out which cable to use with a standard ethernet adaptor, please? Thanks.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Buying the correct ethernet cable

Go to solution

???

If you mean what cable do you use with an Ethernet to USB adaptor, the same cable that you would use if the laptop had an Ethernet (RJ45) port.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Apologies for the lack of clarity. I was aware of this, but as I do not already have a cable and there seem to be many different types, I did not want to buy an incorrect one (Cat.6/7?).

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

It matters not a jot.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

for the average uk premises, given the average max connection speed is 330meg, then a standard cat5e will be more than appropriate

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Many thanks. I assume that they are all the same size and will fit the ethernet adaptor? Also, if I get a cat.6/7 ethernet, will it improve the performance of the internet connection? 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@MA60 wrote:

Many thanks. I assume that they are all the same size and will fit the ethernet adaptor?

Yes

Also, if I get a cat.6/7 ethernet, will it improve the performance of the internet connection? 

No

0 Ratings