cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

By openreach main socket ( MK2 v MK5)

Hi ,

can you please advise advice, is it still okay to use MK2 socket. We have new bT line installed in our recently bought house. this house already had MK2 type socket. I was looking online and found that there is MK5 type socket now. Is it worth asking Bt to upgrade our socket to MK5 type 

many thanks 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: By openreach main socket ( MK2 v MK5)

Your broadband should be fine with the MK2 socket.  If you want to change master then just buy the Mk5 and fit it yourself. Openreach will charge for changing the socket

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for the feedback.

would MK5 socket make any difference in speed or performance? I guess it is latest version of socket so just wanted to check.

if no difference in performance then we might leave it as it is with MK2 socket.

many thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

@Pinakin8 wrote:

Thanks for the feedback.

would MK5 socket make any difference in speed or performance? I guess it is latest version of socket so just wanted to check.

if no difference in performance then we might leave it as it is with MK2 socket.

many thanks 

@Pinakin8 

As you have posted on the ADSL board, I assume you just have standard BT Broadband and not fibre. In that case, it does not matter which master socket you use.

Which BT Home Hub are you using?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

As per BT engineer in our area there is fibre up to the near by BT exchange and then from there to our house is copper. 

we will have BT enterprise broadband fibre dsl. It will be activated on this 24th of September.

we have ZYXEL wireless VDSL2 gateway router ( VMG3925-B10C).

many thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

You will be getting a VDSL connection not ADSL.

Are you a BT Business customer?

"Enterprise Broadband (“EBB”) is a broadband Internet access Service from BT which provides. UK DSL and Superfast Broadband (“SFBB”) access to the Internet .."

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Yes, I’m BT business customer. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

@Pinakin8 wrote:

Yes, I’m BT business customer. 

BT Business do have their own forum, which is separate from this residential customer forum. If you needed specific help, then this forum would not be able to progress it any further.

https://business.forums.bt.com/

0 Ratings