cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aodonnell
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

CBT and Fibre run to my pole - when can I order?

I am at the end of the phone line run in my area and my pole only serves me (it could serve others but currently doesn't).

About 2 weeks ago a guy came by and installed a CBT, pulled a wire up from the underground tunnels to it; and a sign that says 'caution overhead fibre' so i'm pretty certain this means i'm included in the current building of infrastructure for direct FTTP which is awesome because i'm a long way from the cabinet so only get poor quality FTTC service.

My question is - any idea how long it will be until orders open now the hardware's been put up ready for orders?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: CBT and Fibre run to my pole - when can I order?

Enter phone number and post results. See if any mention of FTTP available

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
aodonnell
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thanks - currently says 'FTTP not available' but the CBT has only just gone up. Any idea of lead times to complete installs and open orders?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

basically  'how long is a piece of string'  only openreach know the answer.  you just need to keep checking

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 5 of 5

At present BT are not taking any orders for FTTP due to the resricttions placed on engineers by Openreach due to CV-19.

The policy is due to be reviewed 1st June. If by then installs are allowed the order books will re-open.

0 Ratings