Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimBanham
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 68

Cabinet 50 Swadlincote Exchange

Hi Wonder if anyone could help.

Live on a new development and whilst my exchange is enable for FTTC and the cabinets either side of the estate are FTTC I cannot find out when my cabinet is getting it.

Lots of houses so feel sure that demand should be there as we all get an appalling 1.5mb at the moment.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Tim

0 Ratings
67 REPLIES 67
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 68

Re: Cabinet 50 Swadlincote Exchange

send email here with phone number and exchnage and openreach will repely maybe 10 days with information about your cabinet  nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 68

If you have a BT phone line put your number in here http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If not, use the address checker http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.addressOutput

Both of these will confirm your cabinet number and availability.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
TimBanham
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 68

Thanks will try
0 Ratings
TimBanham
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 68

dont have a BT phone line
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 68

Use the address checker then http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.addressOutput
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
TimBanham
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 68

All those checkers do is tell me which Cabinet I am on not when it is getting FTTC. 

Which is what I am trying to confirm - but thanks

Tim

0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 8 of 68

Hi TimBanham,

The Openreach Superfast Fibre Broadband Scheme is being rolled out, done and managed by Openreach FOR ALL communication provider/ISPs, so BT Retail (a communication provider/ISP whom operates this forum) does not have much say as to when and if you will be able to get fibre broadband (FTTC or FTTP or equivalent) as that is up-to Openreach.

You can try emailing NGA Openreach via nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk with the properties landline number, address and pcp(cabinet) number to see if they have any more information regarding upgrading your cabinet.

It looks like your cabinet (pcp) 50 hasn't been upgraded with a new FTTC cabinet.

This could be due to the fact that it is a new estate, and therefore wasn't financially viable for Openreach to install a FTTC cabinet linked to pcp 50 as it would sit there not making any money as properties would still be empty and being developed.

Openreach may revisit the Fibre deployment plans in your exchange area once the current commercial scheme ends.

Though there may be many other reasons why the pcp wasn't upgraded.

Local BDUK fibre broadband schemes provided by your local council or government may help boost the current commercial roll-out to deliver fast fibre broadband, to areas that were not covered by the "Superfast-Openreach" Commercial fibre broadband rollout.

Hope that makes sense,

Cheers

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 68

If the BT Wholesale checker doesn't give a date, you need to ask Openreach via email to nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk

If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
TimBanham
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 68

There are circa 1000 properties on the estate already occupied this is what I dont understand so it should be viable - especially as the old estate next to us has had its cabinet upgraded prior to this estate being installed so not sure why they didnt put fibre in from day one?
0 Ratings