cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 68

Re: Cabinet 50 Swadlincote Exchange

The Openreach NGA manager is giving you the information about your cabinet date it is Openreach that are responsible for the fibre not BT they are just an ISP like all the other providers
0 Ratings
rbpltr
Message 22 of 68

Hi there

I live on this estate also. It looks like stuff is moving along nicely - if I'm not mistaken a new fibre cabinet has been installed on the opposite side of Glamorgan Way to the current one in the past couple of days.

I imagine there's still quite a lot of work to do so December is bit optimistic. Knowing BT's speed (and yes when I say "BT" I am of course referring to the BT Group which covers both BT Retail and Openreach... they ARE the same company) then I'd say even May is optimistic for taking orders...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 23 of 68

You will find it easier to refer to the ISP as BT and Openreach as Openreach like everyone else does, rather than use your own definitions.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
rbpltr
Message 24 of 68

I will find it easier to do what exactly? Spend all my waking hours posting on forums like this?

No thanks. Bye!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 25 of 68

You will find it easier to refer to the ISP as BT and Openreach as Openreach.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Huskydog
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 68

It has now all been finished and you can order on line a big thank you to bt Openreach for completing this early very well done
0 Ratings
Huskydog
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 68

All completed get on line and order
0 Ratings
Huskydog
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 68

Upgraded and working great getting over 30 meg down and around 4 'Meg up infinity package 1
0 Ratings
Huskydog
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 68

A few months on - the line speed has dropped to 25 meg down and 3.4 meg up - still good but was hoping the line would be quicker - does anyone know when we can order fibre to home ??

0 Ratings
Jbaffoe
Message 30 of 68

It was good while it lasted (not long!). Evening speeds on infinity 2 are down to 1.5mbps (from 45 Mbps) at times, normally between 6 and 11pm. Separate threads show many in our area are having the same problem. We were given hope, only for it to be cruelly snatched away!

Well on the upside it is still 0.5 Mbps faster than what it was this time last year (only paying £20 more PM for the privilege!!!) lol.
0 Ratings