cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Huskydog
Contributor
Message 31 of 79

Re: Cabinet 50 Swadlincote Exchange

Cabinet 50 is anyone else having these problems or know of them as last time i did manage to contact our local MP and Bt openreach manager of the NGA role out as they call it - it may be time to pick this up further with BT and local gov as they have invested quite a lot of money to have this area as "superfast broadband"

0 Ratings
Huskydog
Contributor
Message 32 of 79

Smiley Sad

http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=Speed

test your speed here and post the results

0 Ratings
Huskydog
Contributor
Message 33 of 79

Has anyone else got issues with Broadband speed or know of anyone who is having problems with getting connected as I have recently found out there is apprently a waiting list.

I have now raised this issue with BT and the house of commons as at the end of the day it was our tax money that paid for the inestment but it appears the investment may have been waisted if no one else can use it or the number of residents now on it are causing it to run slow 

thanks

Local Broadband chapion

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 34 of 79

According to www.dslchecker.bt.com, capacity will be upgraded soon

swadlincote 50.PNG

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
jamesj74
Contributor
Message 35 of 79

I live on the same estate - one of the newer houses completed last year.  Been waiting for "cabinet 50" capacity to be expanded for almost a year now.  In the mean time suffereing with <2 mbps ADSL.  Keep being told that the work to expand cabinet 50 will be done "soon", but no specific dates.  Far from ideal...  😞

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 79

It's possible the cabinet is completely full and requires a new, second fibre cabinet to be installed
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
jamesj74
Contributor
Message 37 of 79

The plans for this large new estate would have been registered with planning some time ago.  I don't understand why BT are not more proactive in delivering enough capacity ahead of time.  They started building houses on the "Gresley" estate over ten years ago, and on our smaller extension to that estate 3 years ago.  How long does it take to decide/plan that there is a need for more capacity?  It's simply not good enough.  If I could get another line provider then believe me I would.

0 Ratings
jamesj74
Contributor
Message 38 of 79

"Your area is enabled for Superfast Fibre but demand is high on your cabinet right now. This means you may not be able to order fibre today but we're working to increase capacity. Please check back for an update."

I read that as:

"We have had ample opportunity to deliver high speed broadband in your area, but hey - we also hold the monopoly in your area so we really don't give a cr@p.  Check back every day to see when we get our respective ar5e5 in gear or you might miss your place in the queue." 

0 Ratings
jamesj74
Contributor
Message 39 of 79

"Packages: Choose your package

We're sorry, but you can't get BT Infinity at the moment because of where you live. But here are some other great broadband deals you can definitely have."

Really - "because of where I live"?  Not because BT is incapable of planning ahead a little?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 40 of 79

Openreach would not install a dslam on the promise that a developer is going to build 100s of houses in a field. as has happened the market drops/developer goes bust/ changes their mind plus many other reasons why the houses don't get built.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings