cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 51 of 79

Re: Cabinet 50 Swadlincote Exchange

VM run right down Benton Rd and have done since the days of Telewest.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 52 of 79

The fact remains that people lobbied for it and virgin have provided it to quite a large number of houses, where there was no cabling/ducting previously, which was my original point 🙂
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
jamesj74
Contributor
Message 53 of 79

H o w     l o n g   d o     I    h a v e     t o    w a i t ?........

"Your area is enabled for Superfast Fibre but demand is high on your cabinet right now. This means you may not be able to order fibre today but we're working to increase capacity. Please check back for an update."

It's been saying that for 6 months...  Mean time I'm stuck with super slow ADSL (1.56Mb).

There has to be a beter way that this surely!?!  I've only been waiting a year...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 54 of 79

Have you been checking every day? If you're in a high demand area then as soon as capacity becomes available, it might be being swallowed up. However, it may well be that your cabinet is completely full with no room for additional line cards. If this is the case, Openreach will need to install a second fibre cabinet to increase capacity.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
jamesj74
Contributor
Message 55 of 79

Yes - I check every day.  BT executive support is also supposed to email me progress reports, but I hear little from them.  It seems OpenReach is a law unto itself.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 56 of 79

Well, it is their network. So they can do what they want.
0 Ratings
jamesj74
Contributor
Message 57 of 79

Yes - with no customer facing element they are a rule unto themselves and answerable to no one...  I think you pretty much summed up my problem in one sentence.  How about I start supergluing the padlock on their compound gates in Overseal until they fix this?

0 Ratings
jamesj74
Contributor
Message 58 of 79

"affirmative action"
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 59 of 79

Go ahead, but be prepared for Openreach to take legal action if you're caught. It would probably be classed as criminal damage.
0 Ratings
jamesj74
Contributor
Message 60 of 79

At least then I might actually get to speak to someone from openreach...

0 Ratings