Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Winstonedd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Cabinet Capacity

Go to solution

Good Morning,

compared to Cabinet capacity, what is involved in terms of adding fibre capacity to the exchange?

I am on an Exchange Only Line and my exchange is fibre enabled and FTTP enabled at both my house and Exchange but cannot order due to the exchange being at capacity for fibre

how often do Openreach update fibre capacity at the exchange compared to at the cabinets?

Im hoping its something that is done more often as its only been 2 weeks since my property became available for FTTP and apparently i have to wait for an update in October

Cheers

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Cabinet Capacity

Go to solution
It all depends.

It’s quite rare for the exchange to be out of capacity, more common for a fibre manifold, or possibly a splitter node to be full.

If it is the exchange, then again it depends what’s needed. If it’s just a new card, it shouldn’t take long. If it’s a whole new rack that’s needed, then it coulf be a while.

Openreach will be working on it to get it added as soon as possible though.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’