cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Cabinet Change

I have had slow Wi-fi for years. We were upgraded to fibre not long ago but it is not even giving us fibre speeds. Our speeds that BT guarantee us are 12mb but stills falls far below. The max that we can get is 15mb if we are lucky. In my eyes this is far too slow and most devices such as iPads and consoles don’t even work. There is a cabinet less than 100. Metres from our house but is only for about 40 houses who are guaranteed a minimum of 60mb. How is this fair ? Is it possible to change cabinet and what is the best way about going around it. Every time I phone BT about the speeds and ask questions on this topic they are useless. Openreach are also useless as they don’t even have any contact numbers. No questions are been answered here. 

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Cabinet Change

Openreach will not move you to another cabinet just to increase your broadband speed.

See link and the question "There is another cabinet near me ....."

https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/questions-about-fibre-availability/

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

This has been raised on the forum many times - using search will find them.  Openreach refuse to move cabinets just to improve your connections speed

If you are a BT broadband customer then enter your phone number and post results

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Why will BT not do anything as they are not giving us a guaranteed speed. We are one of the only streets in my town with this kind of internet.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

@Niall_Jack4wrote:
Why will BT not do anything as they are not giving us a guaranteed speed. We are one of the only streets in my town with this kind of internet.

If you answer the questions of @imjolly, we may be able to help you with some improvement or steer you in the right direction.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Hi, it is saying the picture is too big for the 333 kB
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

It would be absolute chaos if people could change cabinets just to get a bit extra connection speed never mind all the changes needed to re-route your line to a different cab

easiest and most logical decision is 'no'

post dslchecker results if bt customer

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

410E00C8-97B3-4532-B398-FC2DA43FA735.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

EA70636D-102E-4F94-AFD2-5AB4DD1D227B.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

F9FE2498-5BA3-47EF-81A2-1BB0B37E5859.jpeg