Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 21 of 35

Re: Cabinet Location

Go to solution

I have detailed files...

The info isnt on google or elsewhere on the internet. But I can get it on my work laptop.

Ill let you draw your own conclusions from that Smiley Tongue

Guru
Message 22 of 35

Go to solution

@Deathtrap3000 wrote:

I have detailed files...

The info isnt on google or elsewhere on the internet. But I can get it on my work laptop.

Ill let you draw your own conclusions from that Smiley Tongue

So committed 😛

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
NewtronStar
Expert
Message 23 of 35

Go to solution

Yep http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput works and a wee wander around the copper cab shows as number 1 in white paint (left hand side) it's so obvious when you know what your looking for Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 24 of 35

Go to solution

@NewtronStar wrote:

Yep http://fttc-check.alc.im/ works and a wee wander around the copper cab shows as number 1 in white paint (left hand side) it's so obvious when you know what your looking for Smiley Very Happy

I would advise not using that anymore as the one BT Wholesale supply has the latest updates, shows cabinet number and estimate dates and speed.

NewtronStar
Expert
Message 25 of 35

Go to solution

amended as advised Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 26 of 35

Go to solution

@Deathtrap3000 wrote:

Cab 3 on Kimbolton exchange is on junction of Newton Lane and Thrapston Road. Only 8 cabs on that exhcange too.

Hi Deathtrap3000,

That's fantastic, thank you very muchSmiley Happy.

Are you able to give me a link so I can search for myself please ?

If not, can you tell me where the other 7 are please ?

Edit :-

I've just read further through the topic since I sent the above and see from message 21 that the info is not on the internet.

So maybe you would be kind enough to just tell me where the other 7 are please ?

Perhaps I will just have to settle for knowing those on the Kimboton exchange and find out another way of sorting out the other 4 or 5 exchanges. 

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 27 of 35

Go to solution

@john46 wrote:
the best answer I can suggest is walk around the local area and look for the cabinets they cabinets are numbered

Hi john46,

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't think I am up to walking round as far as that would take.  In any case if they are anything like the one someone posted they could very easily be missed.

Hopefully Deathtrap will respond with a link. 

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 28 of 35

Go to solution

@dfenceman wrote:

@john46 wrote:
the best answer I can suggest is walk around the local area and look for the cabinets they cabinets are numbered

Hi john46,

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't think I am up to walking round as far as that would take.  In any case if they are anything like the one someone posted they could very easily be missed.

Hopefully Deathtrap will respond with a link. 

There is no link it's from an Openreach Database which is for engineers and not for the public. Though I see no harm in cabinet locations being released to the public.

0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 29 of 35

Go to solution

Hi Deathtrap3000,

Are you able to tell me where the other 7 cabinets are on the Kimbolton exchange please ?

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Highlighted
somersetbob
Contributor
Message 30 of 35

Go to solution

As well as locations, the information as to whether a cabinet is due to be upgraded would also be useful so we could investigate other options should the need arise. It's not like this stuff is top secret. If newspaper reports are to be believed even when an area is FTTC enabled up to a third of properties will miss out. What are the options then for 'super fast' broadband?

0 Ratings