cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sophieo
Message 1 of 9

Cabinet Upgrade - Exchange Staines, Cabinet 34

Hi,

Could anyone in the know advise me if Exchange Staines, cabinet 34 is due to be upgraded?

Properties on the same street (even opposite my property) are connected to cabinet 24 which does have fibre connection. The surrounding streets are also on cabinets with fibre connections. It seems as though the 10 or so properties on cabinet 34 are the only ones not to get fibre services and have been excluded from any upgrades, could anyone tell me why this is? Could it be that the local authorty has refused any work due on this cabinet?

Thanks

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Cabinet Upgrade - Exchange Staines, Cabinet 34

Only Openreach will know that information and they are not public facing
0 Ratings
sophieo
Message 3 of 9

Oh, I thought someone would be able to help as reading around the forums other members have given quite detailed responses regarding this subject without going through Open Reach.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

I suggest getting in touch with http://superfastsurrey.org.uk
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

depends on available information  your shows fibre not available 

0 Ratings
sophieo
Message 6 of 9

Hi Webby,

I have already checked that site and my postcode is not included on the gainshare deployment list and states,

"The Gainshare deployment list is the outcome of a significant number of legal, contractual and modelling processes. The Gainshare deployment list has now been agreed by SCC and BT and it is therefore not possible for you to request that your postcode be added to the Gainshare deployment plan."

So stuck in a bit of a loop at the minute

Thanks
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

There's little advice I can give in that case.

You could consider a community funded partnership with the residents served by cabinet 34. This is where you as a community fund half the cost of upgrading the cabinet. Openreach fund the other half.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
sophieo
Message 8 of 9

Thats an option, yes, but I'm wondering why the cabinet was excluded when the cabinets that book end the street were upgraded and the middle was left out?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

Only Openreach can answer that.

Could be planning issues, power availability issues/costs. Or the cabinet may not serve enough houses to make it commercially viable.

They are just but a few reasons.
0 Ratings