Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meteosat
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 8

Cabinet migration loses 20% of sync speed

Go to solution

This is a mite unusual. I have been on the 80/20 FTTC package for several years. Using a HH6 for over a year. Sync has usually shown as in the 78mbs region and various speedtests all showed downloads in excess of 73mbs and uploads over 18mbs.

The area I live in is being prepared for GFast - new pods on existing voice cabinets etc.

This week our very old voice cabinet is being replaced by a new one complete with the Gfast pod. The new cabinet is about 10 metres further away from the house, but almost right next to the fibre one. The engineers appear to have run cables from the new voice cabinet back up the road to the old cabinet - which presumably means they have spliced the old lines up the road to a set coming up from the new voice cabinet. (Or have they done a double loop I wonder?)

Unfortunately I have now lost about 20% of sync speed and deteriorating noise figures.

I can give various photos of the hub logs, and of the cabinet positions, but perhaps the best starting point would be a history from ThinkBroadband.

The BT wholesale speedtest is also showing a serious problem.

Is there any hope of improvements I wonder - apart from paying for Gfast that its!

Image6.jpgThinkBroadband speedtest history

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Cabinet migration loses 20% of sync speed

Go to solution

Any noise on your line? 17070 option 2.

0 Ratings
Meteosat
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

As quiet as the grave as they say. 

I hope my BT wholesale line speed test would be logged in their diag somewhere. Don't suppose BT has the equivalent of Plsnet KBD?

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

It will be logged if you run the futher diagnostics.

Meanwhile could you post the connection stats from the hub.

Advanced settings/technical log/information.

0 Ratings
Meteosat
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for continuing the conversation.

Two images - one from the HH6 technical log as it currently stands and the other from the advanced diagnostics on the wholesale speedtest page.Image7a.jpgImage5.jpg

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Which exchange are you on?

0 Ratings
Meteosat
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Porthcawl (South Wales)

Code SWPEU

0 Ratings
Meteosat
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
I believe that following completion of the migration a DSLAM reset has occurred and I am now at maximum sync speeds of 80/20 though the download s/n is slightly perplexing compared to the upload. Can't attach image for some reason, However I can regard this issue as closed and will mark it so. Many thanks for advice on the way.
0 Ratings